- If you receive an invitation to present a poster, SAC Europe might subsidize your travel expenses under certain conditions.
- Poster orientation should be portrait, NOT landscape. Poster size should be A0 (841 mm x 1189 mm).
- Please make sure to print your poster in advance, as to avoid the high costs of printing last minute in Ghent.
- TITLE HAS TO BE IN CAPITAL LETTERS (72 pt. Font).
- Author and affiliation font size is 42 pt.
- Proposed sections to be included: (Abstract), Introduction & objectives, Materials & methods, Results & Discussion, Conclusions.
- Minimum font size for all text: 18 pt. (figure captions excluded).
- Text and graphics must be readable from 2 meters (6 feet) away.
- Use bullet points and keep text to a minimum.
- Use simple backgrounds; do not distract from the message. Aim for clarity and simplicity. Make an initial rough layout, keeping in mind the proportions of figures, tables, and text.
- In the planning of your poster presentation, remember that the poster will be available for viewing and discussion for the whole duration of the meeting. The poster should be understandable without oral explanation.
- The temptation to overload the poster with excessive text and data should be resisted. Where possible, organise tables and figures chronologically in vertical progression. Be clear and concise in all statements.
- Avoid excessive use of organisation logos/advertisements.
- All posters will be displayed for three days and authors will be given the opportunity to present their poster in a 3 minute spotlight presentation. Your oral presentation will occur on the same day as the platform presentations in your session during the evening poster social.
- You will receive your poster number at the conference registration. The poster number represents the number of the poster board where your poster should be placed.
- YOU are responsible for setup and take-down of your poster.
- Provide an envelope where people can leave their business cards for requests for more information. If possible, also provide hand-outs of your poster and your own business card.
- Be at your poster during the poster socials AND coffee breaks to discuss your work with other students.
Should circumstances prevent you from making your presentation and attending the meeting, you must notify the SAC immediately by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org